SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hzdeleted_1401217

Need Something for a Wall....Suggestions?

User
11 years ago

We've created a guest suite at our lakehouse above the 3-bay garage. It's a large open space with the seating and eating spaces at one end and the sleeping area and coffee bar on the other. The spaces are defined by the staircase's half walls.

Windows looking onto the lake take up the wall at the LR end. The wall at the BR end has the door going into the bathroom dividing it. The divided walls are sloped. I have a large decorative clock on one wall. And I'm trying to think of something besides prints or a painting for the other.

There are matching back-to-back twin beds on that side of the room (each w/ its own nightstand & lamp)so one of the bed's footboard faces that wall. There's ample clearance from the wall to the bed to get around, but not enough for another piece of furniture (chest, bench, etc.) to go there.

That wall is a focal point when you look to the right of the room as you come up the stairs. I'm trying to think of something that will appeal to all ages, as my guests range in age from 3 to 91. The decor is uncluttered cottage style. Any ideas?

Comments (16)

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County