SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rivkadr

Selling Quilts Online -- what's your ideal?

rivkadr
14 years ago

I posted this on another quilting forum that I frequent, but I thought maybe you lovely ladies might have some ideas to add as well.

I was poking around online, looking at the various sites where you can sell quilts. They tend to fall into two categories:

1) Homegrown sites where you send the information about your quilt to the person that maintains the site (usually over email, or through an online form), and they update the page with your quilt info. You can't personally update the information yourself. No real search capabilities.

2) Mega sites devoted to crafts/selling in general (etsy, ebay, etc.) with very limited search capabilities. For example, if you're looking for a queen sized green quilt, that is completely handstitched...well, you have to hope that the seller put that information in the title/description, to be able to find it. There's also so many different crafts, with limited organization, that your stuff can get lost in the shuffle.

I was thinking it might be kind of fun to make a site where folks can sell their quilts online (I'm a web programmer), but I guess I'm wondering if you guys think there's a place for that? It would be a place specifically for quilts (and quilted items) that would be dynamic (meaning, you sign up for an account, and input your items yourself. You can edit them, remove them, etc.) with robust search capabilities (people could search on size, color(s), handmade vs. machine made, etc.)

If I were to make a site like this, what would YOU want to see on it as far as features, both as a buyer and a seller? Do you think that a site like this would be of any use or value to quilters?

Comments (4)

Sponsored
Snider & Metcalf Interior Design, LTD
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Leading Interior Designers in Columbus, Ohio & Ponte Vedra, Florida