SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
beth7happy

QOTD - to wash, or not to wash

beth7happy
9 years ago

Okay, so this has probably been around about 674 times already, but, for the benefit of people like myself.......

Do you pre-wash your fabrics?

Well, so many times I think, 'oh..it'll be okay!' and really want to bypass that little step. And, to be honest, I have done so probably too many times, but I think I'm changing my 'most of the time' to ALWAYS. and here's why:

This morning I pulled some really pretty red/orange fabric from my stash. It's a Moda (good name, right?) from the Deb Strain collection. The thought went thru my mind that it would probably be just fine...that's a good company - blah blah blah. weeeellll....something was just nagging at me! The October lotto blocks call for 'fall colors: reds, oranges, purples...combined with an off white'. Ok. So, I have my three fabrics - ITCHING to cut...but finally I gave in and ran a basin of hot water, popped in this red/orange fabric. Oh my goodness. IF I'd have not dunked this stuff, whoever won the lotto blocks that I created and used them in his/her quilt...would have a RUINED entire quilt because of my blocks!

So, are there any instances where you really do not NEED to wash?? How about the whites and off whites??? do we really need to bother??

Comments (13)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor