SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cajelidi

Home Inspections

cajelidi
11 years ago

I don't even know where to begin with my questions! My husband and I made an accepted offer on a foreclosure of a home outside Baton Rouge. After some back/forth calls, the home was finally de-winterized so that an inspection would take place. It was discovered in the inspection that 1) hot water heater needed replaced 2) gas cooktop was not working 3) mechanical sewer system needs pumping and aerator replaced and 4) gas furnace needs repaired or replaced. We are planning on doing a VA loan and know that with these "mechanical systems" issues that VA will not approve the loan...nor would FHA for that matter. When our realtor tries to discuss this with the listing agent, all she keeps saying is "as is". We realized that it is a "as is" home, but how does Fannie Mae expect to sell it if it can't pass any of VA/FHA guidelines! And I must add that outside of these "big" issues, the home is in relatively good condition. Are we wrong in our "thinking" here, that these issues would need to be corrected for ANYONE to finance/buy it? I'd appreciate any thoughts, suggestions, advice that anyone could give!

Comments (10)