SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jennifer_in_va

nanny nanny boo boo

jennifer_in_va
11 years ago

I got a new to-ooyy!!

Many of you know I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE may Janome 8080. It is now about 10 years old, and has sewn many a seam and quilted many a quilt. When I bought it, I did a lot of research and this machine did everything I wanted a new machine to do. It goes with me everywhere.

At this point, it has some problems. Problems that maybe can be fixed, but I'm not willing to part with the machine long enough to take it in. (My one service shop could easily have a 3+ month backlog.) Did I tell you that I LOVE this machine?

Not long ago when I was having problems, DH offered me a new machine. I declined. I love this one that much!

Tonight, I get an sale email from my favorite shop in N. Alabama... They have a Janome 8077 on sale, plus $20 off, plus free shipping (always)... It was like angels singing to me!!! The funny thing is, it's not a really expensive, high-end machine. In most terms, it's rather on the lower end of the scale.

Looking at this machine, it is almost identical to my machine (which they don't make anymore). The only added feature I can see is an on/off button so you don't have to use the pedal. I talked with DH about it, and frankly, I feel rather guilty... But his response was "Well, who's ordering it? You or me??"

So, I have a new machine coming to me!!! Hopefully before retreat so I don't have to fiddle with my temperamental one.

Happy dance!! Happy dance!!!

Comments (16)