SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kathy__gw

Don't read if you are easily offended (more cremation stories)

kathy_
12 years ago

My family has a wicked sense of humor and mom was just cremated.

My BIL called his grown children up told them grandma was there and did they wish to talk to her? You can imagine their reaction..

We call her urn (which is solid marble) the $350 flower pot. Darn - a ceramic urn would have been better - she used to paint ceramics.

My sister took her home (my BIL said she could gladly stay there). Last night she said mom told her the house is too cold (which mom would tell her). I said mom's sweaters are in the stairway of her house.

When we planned mom's party, I saw a pottery pig on the refrigerator and threatened to hide the urn and just put the pottery pig between the flowers. My family would have been the only one to see it - but how priceless the looks on their faces would be.

We get our sense of humor honestly. When mom worked in a school, the building has roaches - badly. The exterminator came and dead roaches were everywhere. Mom and my cousin made a roach cemetery (complete with tombstones) and put it in the faculty room. In her photos, we found one of a giant stuffed rabbit sitting on a toilet and reading a newspaper - another school prank.

I hesitated to share these, but we have laughed and cried while going through mom's stuff. Who keeps 35 year old dog collars?? I swear mom did so we would find them and gasp...

I can "see" her laughing right along with us.

When you are laughing - you're not crying and she really hated it when we cried. Bring on the laughter...

Comments (13)