SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cjacker

Luvesac, Lovesack, Luvsac, Luvsack??? (large beanbag chair)

cjacker
14 years ago

(also on furniture forum)

Has anyone tried the Luvsack (?? I am not sure of the spelling of the original and I'm having a hard time googling to get what I want)?

I had heard about them a couple of years ago as being the ultimate beanbag chair for a home. We are just finishing our new home and I would like to put a couple in our TV viewing area.

Does anyone know what I am talking about and where to find them? Hope I am making sense in my description.

Thanks, Jeanie

Comments (7)

• dilly_dally
    14 years ago

The first thing to do is to check their website. Try to find a location near you, and go to the store to try them out. They seem to have stores in all the malls.

You may want to check CL. In my area they have these Lovesac furniture posted like every week. I think the stores rotate out their slightly used floor models on CL. Or else people do not like them and get rid of them after a short time.

Here is a link that might be useful: Lovesac

• Bethpen
    14 years ago

Jeanie,
    The LoveSac is THE most popular piece of furniture in my house. The kids and dog fight over it with the Grandparents when they come visit. A friend worked for the company and bought it for us as a gift. It is filled with foam and all you do is "fluff" it up and it gets big and smooshy all over again. Lovesac.com is their website I believe. They are expensive,but worth it IMO, we had lots of beanbags die before we got the Sac. We have the movie sac and some nights there are three kids and a dog in it....

Beth

• IdaClaire
    14 years ago

Couldn't they have come up with a better name for it, though? Saying "Lovesac" makes me feel kinda dirty.
    ;-D

• paint_chips
    14 years ago

LOL, Jen.

I hate to do this to you (but since this thread has gotten that song stuck in my head, I'll share the endless experience), but...

"I got me a Chrysler, it seats about 20
    So hurry up and bring your jukebox money!
    OH, the love shack is a little old place where we can get together"

Luvsack (I think) is supposed to be a spoof on the Love Shack song.

• klb9596
    14 years ago

We have a Lovesac in our basement for the kids. We got it for $125 (vs. $500 new). It is 6 ft. in diameter. When we picked it up it filled the whole back of my Honda Odessey (with the rear seat folded down) so be sure you have a way to pick it up if your searching on Craigslist. This is a good time to look for one on Craigslist because sutdents are moving back home and can't fit it to where they're moving to.

Our Lovesac can easily fit 2 adults and 3 kids for movie night if we all snuggle close - it is that huge. It needs to be fluffed occasionally and it is heavy but it is so comfortable! The covers are machine washable. Be sure to measure your room because 2 Lovesacs might overwhelm your space.

• cjacker
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Beth, I'm so glad your family enjoys it so much. Our thought was to add the Lovesac for the grandkids, but is sounds like we may be fighting them for it..LOL.
    auntjen, I thought the same thing...I think I'll come up with another name for it when it comes to my home--just can't have my teenage granddaughter telling her boyfriend Grandma has a "Lovesac" at her house.
    paint chips, that's great - hope you've got it out of your head by now.
    klb9596, sounds like you like yours as much as Beth above likes theirs. So glad the covers are machine washable and I will measure well before deciding whether to get one or two....sounds like one would be plenty.
    Thanks all of you that responded...looks like our new home will have a "Lovesac" (with a new name)!!! Any ideas????

Sponsored
Castle Wood Carpentry, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County