SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
luckygardnr

I'll share my recipe, if you'll share yours, June 28, 2011

luckygardnr
12 years ago

This sounds really yummy! I could imagine doing cherry tomatoes like this for an appetizer.

Oven Roasted Tomatoes Stuffed with Goat Cheese

From Food & Wine

For these buttery-soft roasted tomatoes, we boost the flavor of the creamy goat cheese filling with garlic and basil. The result works both as a side dish or a main course with a salad and crusty bread.

Serves: 12

12 medium (3 pounds) tomatoes

1 2/3 pound(s) fresh goat cheese

1 large egg, lightly beaten

2 clove(s) garlic, minced

2 tablespoon(s) finely chopped basil

1 teaspoon(s) kosher salt

1/4 teaspoon(s) freshly ground pepper

1/4 cup(s) extra-virgin olive oil

Directions

Preheat the oven to 425�. Slice off the top 1/2 inch of each tomato and reserve the tops. Scoop out the tomato cores and seeds. Cut a very thin sliver off of the bottom of each tomato to help them stand up straight. Arrange the tomatoes in a 9-by-13-inch glass or ceramic baking dish.

In a bowl, combine the goat cheese with the egg, garlic, basil, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the olive oil.

Spoon the goat cheese mixture into the tomatoes, mounding the filling 1/2 inch above the rim. Cover with the tomato tops and drizzle with the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil.

Bake the tomatoes for 35 minutes, until tender and browned in spots and the cheese is hot. Let stand for 15 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.

Comments (7)

Sponsored
Haus Studio
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars28 Reviews
Franklin County's Preferred Custom Cabinetry & Design Studio