SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ilmbg

is your cell phone spying on you? technology is wonderful- but t

ilmbg
14 years ago

I read in the news about how easy it is to use cell phones to listen to others conversations online and also in the privacy of their own homes!

This might sound great to some parents of teenagers- or to a wife or husband that wants to keep tabs on a suspected cheater- but it gives me the creeps that our lives can be so easily observed by others without our knowing it!

The program is easy to buy- you can buy it online also- download it right then and there! A person can listen to your conversations without you being aware- the phone does not light up, ring or show any indications on your phone bill. They can also listen to you when you are NOT even using the phone- using the built-in microphone that is in your phone- can hear what is going on within 10-15 feet of the phone. (and we all know that we take the phone everywhere- the livingroom, bedroom, car- everywhere!

The Miami, Chicago, New York and other police have been using it for a few years. It would be illegal, but how about a company that you just interviewed with for a job?? A nosy person? Someone who might be 'stalking' an ex-boyfriend/girlfriend?

I love technology, but this just seems too creepy to me- no privacy in today's world!

Just Google 'is your phone spying on you?' and read the results!!

Scary!

Comments (12)