Here is another picture

FireFightersMoM
16 years ago

Sorry can't seem to get them all on one

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

Comments (7)

• nanajayne
    16 years ago

Very nice. Is it all the patriotic theme? Is it for you or a friend?
    Jayne

• trudymom
    16 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous!!! I love it!! Thank you for sharing!

• laurainsdca
    16 years ago

That is a great looking quilt!!!! Very nice!!

• easystitches
    16 years ago

Very nice, I got a kick out of the canine participation!

• maryliz
    16 years ago

I like the way you alternated busy patriotic stars with a quieter fabric. Like they say, it gives the eyes "a place to rest." Very cute how the dogs want to be part of the action.

• suellen_delawares
    16 years ago

I like the color combinations and the dogs go nicely with the quilt.
    Suellen

• FireFightersMoM
    Original Author
    16 years ago

The quilt is for my son. He is a professional firefighter. I made a quilt for my DL but wanted to make something for his bunk at the station. But most the time you can only find kids prints. Then in Keepsake quilt mag I saw a adult theme and my head started spinning with all the idea's. I searched for months to get the right stuff. Most of the print is vintage looking. I am going to have my daughter in law take a better picture of it.

I finished it in time for my oldest son to take it to Mike. They both live about 4 hrs away. So I took some quick pictures and sent it off. In fact I didn't take the pictures or look at them. I was kind of bummed when I did. Because it didn't show the colors every well at all.

The stars were all surrounded in a batik red fabric. It had gold stars in it. The main solid looking color wasn't really solid, it was a marbled....then the back was a deep red with tiny gold dots. It was a very warm colored quilt. Sarah is very good at pictures, so I hope to get some nice ones of it....

As for the dog of course! ha-ha I can't seem to do anything without a dog involved. I have papillons. You should see when I have to lay one out totally. I have to run done the hall, and bet them to the bedroom. Then close the door. If not, you would think I put down a freshly mowed lawn on the bed. They all want up to see it...smell it and then roll on it..and then take a nap. I have no idea why. Maybe they are spoiled rotten!

Horrible picture of me...but here is closer up

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}