SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
time2sell

Looking for a Niche Buyer for a Niche House

time2sell
16 years ago

I think I may have a "niche" house in that it is a highly upgraded 2BR/2BA starter home in a starter home neighborhood. The original houses were 2 bedroom, 1 bath, 725 sq ft, 1948 Sears houses. Some houses in the neighborhood have NOT been updated. MOST are updated to be 3 bedroom 1 bath (or 1.5 bath) houses. There are all sorts of bumpouts, attic rooms etc.

The thing is my house was upgraded to be a better single person's house, not a family house. My house has a bumpout, making it 950 sq ft, which expanded one bedroom to a master suite with additional closet space and a full bath. I added a 10 x 16 screened porch which is solidly built to code and could be enclosed for additional living space. Then I totally remodeled the kitchen. But how do I attract a niche buyer? Do I just have to wait for a clone like someone recommended to heyharris concerning his huge workshop addition?

Okay, experts and home sellers....how does one attract a very specific type of buyer? Another single person, a couple with no kids, an older couple etc.

Comments (19)