SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sue_b

best replacement 4 old brick walkway - convincing husband - Xpost

sue_b
12 years ago

I need advice on what might be a common problem. We are long married and we are not agreeing on the next big house project. Me: replace this front walkway/sidewalk. DH: wood burning fireplace insert for our traditional living room fireplace. Both are very big ticket items. I am off to the fireplace insert store to become educated and try to see his side. But look at this sidewalk! After I took this pic we took down the Xmas lights. So I need both suggestions from marriage counselor types on what this guy needs to hear to convince him. He has NO problem with this sidewalk. I don't have the estimate yet but our contractor says this will be 3000 pounds of pavers, and he told me pavers are half the price of stone. My inspiration pics after this photo must be stone but now I know I need to go with pavers. I'd love suggestions or pix of what type of sidewalk design, and what types of plantings, would be an improvement. Thanks in advance! We're in Northern Virginia and we aren't looking for high maintenance plantings. It's almost 100% shade in this spot.

{{gwi:31787}}

inspiration pix

Comments (6)