SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
k8orlando2

2 quilt tops done!

K8Orlando
12 years ago

These are the dorm quilts for my twin niece and nephew who are starting college this year. They are going to separate schools so this will be a huge transition for them both.

This is for Emma. I used a Moda jelly roll from the Sanae fabric line Arcadia. Arcadia is a couple years old, but I think the colors and prints are very fresh and young. (I hope Emma thinks so too!) The finished size is 52" x 64".

I didn't have a wide fabric for the back so I used all the left over jelly roll pieces to add a section between pieces of the primary backing fabric. I inserted it off center so I wouldn't have to try to line it up when sandwiching!

Emma's Quilt

Backing (it's not really THIS wonky; it's just not ironed here!)

The blocks are very simple because I wanted the details of the fabric prints to show.

This quilt is for Robert. I've already posted this picture on the 9 Patch Pizzazz thread so I won't say much about it here. The backing will be a deep blue Minky with a thin flannel batting. The finished size is 52" x 70".

I'm hoping to get them both sandwiched and quilted in a week but it may take me two. The quilts are very different but I like the way both turned out.

Kate

Comments (20)