SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dances_in_garden

*chanting softly and rocking*

dances_in_garden
15 years ago

*I love my child I love my child I love my child*

A few days ago I made my own whole wheat noodles and mixed them with an oriental type sauce to have with chicken. DD liked them so much she asked me to make them for her Brownie end of year family potluck.

So I spent most of the day making noodles. It should have gone faster but no matter how I make my dough, using the angel hair cutter the little noodles don't separate and I have to pick them apart. Three batches worth of 5 inch long noodles that needed to be rolled, cut, dried, then put through the noodeler (tee hee! I love calling it that). THEN picked apart and tossed before boiling, cooling, and saucing.

A labour of love, if you will.

By the time DD and DH came home the noodles were done, and we were packed and ready to go. My feet and my back are killing me from standing over rollers and pots and things all day, but it was worth it, because my baby LOVED those noodles and specifically asked me to make them. Right?

Right before we were to leave, DD announced she didn't FEEL like going and wanted to stay home instead.

After taking in a breath deep enough to suck the air out of the entire house - imagine, the world stood still for that moment....birds stopped chirping, the clouds stood still in the sky, and the worms dove for cover - I hissed out "I have been making noodles since ten o'clock this morning. Noodles YOU asked me to make. You are GOING to this potluck, you are going to have FUN, and by crikey you are GOING TO EAT NOODLES!".

DH thought it was funny. He doesn't know how close he was to wearing those darn noodles LOLOLOL!

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths