SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scb71

Exterior design/color/curb appeal assistance requested - please!

scb71
14 years ago

We are really not happy with the exterior of our home. it is brick on 3 sides and cement board (hardi) on the rear and the garage. The issues are that the bricks are a dark, dirty, gloomy color alongside a mortar color that is way too light for the brick. In addition, the windows are new energy efficient white vinyl and cannot be painted - so we are stuck with stark white for the windows. Therefore we are dealing with a brick, window, siding combo that just does not go together - it is harsh and the contrast just does not work for me. The rear, fascia, siding, etc is past due for painting we just cant figure out what to do so we have put it off since purchasing the home as long as we can.

We are seriously (practically convinced at this point) that we are going to paint the brick and siding so that the home is clean, uniform and updated. I am attempting to attach some pics and look forward to everyone's opinions, suggestions and potential photoshop ideas.

We are Sherwin Williams users so if anyone has specific colors that they ahve had success with I would GREATLY appreciate it.

Thanks, thanks, thanks in advance! Painters are coming next week so I better figure this out quickly...

Comments (72)