SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gena_hooper

The marble etches

14 years ago

It does. It really does. And it doesn't look like patina. Maybe after a year of etching, it will become patina. But it doesn't at the start. Does it ever?

I'm trying to digest this information. I've spent countless hours obsessing over a cabinet color to complement the Danby Imperial marble and my backsplash. If we ditch the marble, then we're almost back to square one (in the aesthetics department...layout has been firm for awhile). But I guess it's best to find this out now than afterwards. The marble isn't out yet. But it's in definite danger of being out. *sigh*

I'm off to take a long walk and have a nice dinner with hubby. Stars were aligned, and we have a sitter for tonight. Maybe I'll have better perspective afterwards.

What do you guys think? Other counter ideas? I've already thought about soapstone and wood. Maybe something like sochi's white quartzite, but haven't been able to find any in the Boston area. Ugh.

Here is a link that might be useful: post with pictures...too bummed to move all the photos here

Comments (32)