SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
crl_

Slide out range hood?

crl_
10 years ago

Anyone have a slide out range hood? I had the cheapest one linked below, the imperial that you can cover with a wood drawer front, in a previous kitchen. I'm thinking about doing the same thing here. My memory is that it vented just fine, but was loud when on high. We have a small kitchen again and I don't think it will work visually to have the hood be a focal point, so I'm thinking I should just try to make it disappear. And that worked well visually in our last space.

But, I always find hoods rather confusing. I have tried to read the technical posts on this and always end up confused unfortunately. It will definitely vent outside. I get that much. We have an induction range, and I'm cook frequently, but rarely do I sear meat or stir fry or fry. I do lots of boiling water for pasta or making grilled cheese sandwiches. So I don't think I need a very powerful range. Nor do I want to mess around with make up air. It would be awfully nice to have a really quiet hood, but getting that seems to mean spending at least $1k? That's out of budget.

Anyone have a slide out range hood and/or want to opine?

Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: Imperial flush mount slide out hoods

Comments (5)

Sponsored
Winks Remodeling & Handyman Services
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County