SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
topremodeler_gw

Why are hotel shower heads SO low?

topremodeler
16 years ago

Q: Why are hotel shower heads SO low? I mean, I pretty much have to squat the entire time I am in there.

A: Funny you ask that, I was staying at the Radisson Gateway in Seattle one time, a great hotel by the way, however the shower was basically spraying me in the stomach even at its highest setting. I am not sure why I was complaining so much because my roommate who was 6'5 probably had a worse time than I did. I bet even if he sat cross legged in the bathtub his eyes would still be parallel to the shower head.

In order to fully get the shampoo out of our hair we had to pull "rock star" type poses where our one foot was way in front of the other and our head was tilted so far back that we could see the wall behind us.

I have heard there is a hotel shower head installation committee which provides the standards for installing shower heads and it's based on their design that the shower heads are placed where they are. An interesting tidbit of information that you may want to know is that the average height of this committee is 5'2.

Here is a link that might be useful: resource for more answers

Comment (1)