SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jac3crafty

Master on Main or 2nd floor

17 years ago

We are thinking of renovating our 1950s home to accomodate our needs with a master bedroom and ensuite. We currently have 2 bedrooms/1 main bath on the main and 2bedrooms and one bath on the 2nd level.

We are considering adding on a back porch/laundry with a level above it that would be either a master/ensuite or a spare room. So it actually wouldn't be on the second level but 1/2 a level above the main level.

(I hope this isn't confusing)

Or we can change the 2nd bedroom on the main floor into a ensuite for the master room that is there now. Doing this would mean we would have 2 bathrooms on the main level, and only one on the 2nd level. So the spare bedroom addition would use the main level bathroom, not the ensuite one though.

My question for everyone is what would you do?? If we do the master/ensuite in the addition we then have 2 bedrooms on the main that are for either spare or office.

I think I like this idea better but again there is cost. It will cost more to put the master/ensuite due to plumbing and size in the new addition.

HELP....the Contractor needs my ideas and I just can't seem to make up my mind.

THanks in advance for your help.

Comments (4)