SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dee850_gw

my new SS sink has a dented lip - fixable??

dee850
12 years ago

I got an awesome deal on this Elkay sink that I love but had crossed off the list due to the expense - got it on EBay for $200! I know this group can appreciate the joy I feel about this.

Now here's the problem: It was new-in-box, but not well-packed, and I think it got damaged during shipping. There are 3 small dents in the edge of the lip, and this is going to interfere with the drop-in installation. It's 18-ga stainless steel, so it's not like I can bend it back by hand, but I am hoping that these can somehow be banged back out to a functional state. Here are some photos of the sink & damaged spots.

The whole sink:

The "good" side, this is how the lip should look all around:

This is the worst dent, on the right side at the back, about 2" long:

And another angle of that same side dent:

This is a smaller dent on the front lip, near the right side of the bowl. It's a little under 1":

And this is the 3rd dent, smallest at under 0.5" long. This is along the back edge:

What do you think, salvageable? Ideally I'd like to fix it myself, but I would definitely consider calling on a pro if that seems like the right thing to do. Even if I had to pay a couple hundred $ for a fix, I'd still come out on top. I don't need it to look pristine, I just want it install-able and not a total wreck.

Here is a link that might be useful: details on this sink model at AJ Madison

Comments (3)