SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ineffablespace_gw

Multiple brands/one bath: discontinued pt 2

ineffablespace
9 years ago

A while back I posted a thread about how, in between the time I designed a bathroom and went to order, the bathtub and the toilet were both discontinued, and one of the tile trim pieces that was semi-crucial had already been discontinued but *still* appears in their newest catalogue.

We are onto bathroom #2 and Kohler has drastically cut it's offerings in Ice Grey, effectively wiping out the color scheme for this bathroom, since very few tubs-- that are probably leftovers-- are still available. That happened last week, and I am literally at the point I could order. They still offer a number of toilets, sinks and a Brand New shower base in Ice Grey but almost no tubs. So much for matching fixtures (?)

So now I am trying to select the faucets and my plumber (like so many) hates Kohler and will only install it under duress. This is actually okay in some regards because I want a volume control and temperature control on one trim piece in pressure balance (not thermostatic), and Kohler doesn't make one.

The problem with so many manufacturer's is that I don't like all the pieces of most suites. I think tub fillers have gotten really bizarre looking and I don't want something Victorian, but I don't want something so mod and square I could cut myself on it either.

So here is the line up for a single bathroom:

Shower head: Speakman
Valve and trim: Delta or Brizo
Faucet: Moen
Drain/overflow: Kohler or Gerber
Sink faucet: Kohler

1) Luckily I am doing chrome. Has anybody else mixed manufacturers like this?

2) I am the kiss of death for any style of faucet or fixture if I get serious about it.

In the third bathroom I may need to use a wall-mounted faucet, and I found one that I liked at Delta (to avoid Kohler for an in the wall valve at plumber's request).

Discontinued.

Comments (8)