SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jonw9_gw

Buying: The Nightmare Continues

jonw9
10 years ago

So, after nearly exactly a year, and two failed transactions, we are again under contract on a home.

During the negotiation, I gave out best/final, and she gave hers and said she wasn't going any lower, so we thankt her for her time, and moved on. 2 days later she called back and split the difference, good.

We already knew she planned on taking all of the appliances. So no surprise there.

Then she wants the contract amended for remain in the house for 14 days after closing. Fine, whatever.

We show up for the inspection, and she is there. Her Dad is there, her Dad's friend is there, and her two daughters. Dad and friend left, but the other three holed up in the Master. I stayed out of there, as I didn't want to interact with her. Apparently she was too ill to leave the house. Then halfway through the inspection, she has Thai food delivered! She seemed fine when she came down for that.

We had the inspection, a few minor issues, nothing major I can't handle, so we removed the contingency with no repairs/concessions on her part. She is a single Mom, and too much house. Most of the stuff is just delayed maintenance. Broken Jacuzzi tub, I can deal with that.

Today, I find out that she (and/or her agent) rejected the appraiser. Not the appraisal, but the guy coming out to do the assessment. The said he didn't know the area well enough. Now, I know with Arm's Length, We/I/my mortgage company cannot pick the actual appraiser. Does the seller have the right to refuse who is chosen?

I would just tell them to pay for their own then, but I don't want them to know how the numbers come out. I still have 5 weeks until closing, and I have no idea what else can happen.

I have never been so frustrated by anything other than the home buying experience. Some people get so riled up, like it is their child in the transaction. I know she is pissed that she thinks I am "stealing" the house, but she came up with the number.

I am bending over backwards for this woman trying to just make it through this deal. I feel like I am getting railroaded again by another shady agent that is manipulating the system to their advantage...

Comments (34)