SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
nellis_gw

Tell me how obligated I am to these refi. fees.........

nellis
16 years ago

Extenuating circumstances - was actually due to close this past Thurs. on a refinance, but I became sick & hospitalized. The refi. was a 2 yr. ARM, but w/ intentions to sell the property before the 1st adjustment. It turns out that the closing attorney's office sent us the whole refi. closing package for us to sign, have it notarized & send it back(since I was in the hospital. & couldn't attend the closing). This turned out to be a good thing because the terms are not good at all & not what we expected - 12% APR for a 2yr. ARM (but we do have a history of a chapter 13 that was discharged 18 months ago.) We were given a good faith estimate of 7.9% (which was not too bad considering our history). Well it turned out to be significantly higher than that!

It also turns out that I'd called our mortgage broker about 3 weeks ago & told him not to include a credit card bill in the refi. (that we wanted the max cash-out). Well the refi. paperwork actually included the credit card to be paid off! No, we're not too happy w/ our mortgage guy or these terms.

The question is are we obligated to pay for the title search that was done or any of the other fees that were tacked on? We were charged $5000 total & that was to be rolled into the loan. I know we're not obligated to the refi. 'cause we didn't actually close. Any help is appreciated...... Thanks!

Comments (5)