SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
myclementine

Gazebo or large umbrella for back yard?

myclementine
14 years ago

Dear Hubby and I are having a bit of a disagreement with our back yard. We have a cement slab that is about 12' from the back door straight out and then the other direction about 30'. So we have plenty of room for the 2 of us.

We have neighbors right beside us whom I would like to block in some fashion and would love a little privacy.

So our first thought was to put one a vinyl fence on the left side and back right off the slab so we can have a corner of privacy when we sit out back. Then have a typical table w/umbrella and chairs.

I am fine with that idea but I love the idea of one of those gazebo's from sears or target with the walls you can zip closed and have a nice tent overhead. I would close the walls that face the neighbors house and not need those walls we were going to put up - just use the fabric as a wall. But DH doesn't think this is a good idea.

Also, most of our wind is from the west and this would be on the east side of the house. I guess he might be worried that it would blow into our vinyl siding and make a hole.

I would love thoughts and ideas on this project.

Thanks!

Comments (19)