SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
geokid_gw

WM Taylor bench or something similar

geokid
11 years ago

Hi All,

We have an off-to-the-side space in our dining area in our open concept house. It's not huge, it's probably not even technically a "space", but I want to do something with it.

I'd love a comfy place right by the big windows to stretch out with my coffee and a book. Or to have a place for sick kiddos to lounge and watch TV when they are home from school (the only other TV in the house is in the family room downstairs and that's a pain since my kids are little).

The overall space is 10' x 13' with a 55" round expandable table in the center. One side of the room leads outside and the other side is where I want a lounge space. The lounge space is about 2' x 6'.

I found a bench at WM that is the perfect dimensions, but I'm not sure about it. Anyone have experience with WM furniture? Or is there another bench/chaise/settee that you can recommend that would be about that size?

I guess another option would be to get a dining bench that could be used at the table as well as for lounging.

Here is a picture of the space. I've since taken up the rug and purchased a round table, which I love! The lounging spot would go where the plants are on the left.

{{!gwi}}

Another view of the space. There is a wall-mount swivel TV just off-camera to the left. Ignore the ridiculously placed light. That is being replaced.

{{!gwi}}

Here is a link that might be useful: Taylor Bench

Comments (7)