SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lovlilynne

What to tell the cleaning lady?

lovlilynne
15 years ago

What do you tell the cleaning lady when your kitchen and adjacent rooms are going to be a shambles for ? at least 6 weeks I'm thinking. Should I bother? I could put her on hiatis, but I hate to lose her or my spot. I could ask her to come less frequently (she comes every week right now), or should I just have her come and clean what she can in the area? I'm guess that some weeks it could be nothing seeing as workmen will be around trying to get stuff done. I'm hoping that the work site is pretty clean, but I don't want her vacuuming up vital hardware or throwing out important stuff (she's famous for that).

And, it's not just the kitchen, but as we move remove the walls in the DR and LR, we'll have to jumble furniture together. We need to move the frige into one of the rooms - the whole 1st floor will be challenging, I'm guessing.

Also - this is a ways off - but did you give any special instructions once your kitchen was done? I'll have soapstone countertops, and while they sound like they are pretty resiliant, there must be some soaps or sovents that you would want to be used on them. I'll have new wood floors - we have wood floors in the other rooms, but they are all in need of refinishing, so I really wasn't sensitive on what they used on them to keep them clean, but I would like to baby my new floors and my newly refinished DR and LR floors. Any advice or experience?

Thanks,

Lynne

Comments (13)