SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mahatmacat1

*Happy* craigslist story :)

mahatmacat1
15 years ago

It's nothing earth-shattering, just a little antidote to the creepy stories we hear so often...

I've had some beautiful vintage stools (clean-lined wrought iron with wicker seats--very minimalist and wonderful but we just didn't have a place for them anymore) up on craigslist for a few weeks, and someone wrote tonight and said she would send her fiance to pick them up this evening with full price cash.

O.K., that's fine, I'm home alone but I'm tough.

So he gets here and he is such a dear heart--starts telling me about his fiancee and that he has moved all her things up from another state and he's so tired and the wedding is soon and about her family and his family's backgrounds and so on and so on--so clearly excited about the future. I am *so glad* they'll be the ones to have the stools, as at least his fiancee seems to "get" them (he said "I'm just following orders--she said to get them so I've come to get them" so I don't know if he necessarily shares her aesthetic sensibility :)), and the price was more than fair--I feel like I got to give a very sweet young couple a wedding present of some great design.

So craigslist isn't all nutcases and noshows :)

Comments (11)