SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mariend

Barbara Walters--affair?

mariend
16 years ago

Just picked up something on my computer about she claiming to having affair many years ago with Sen Brooks. Why bring it out now and who is it going to hurt--does she really care? guess she said something on Ophra.

Comments (14)

• judy_jay
    16 years ago

I was just going to post that. Couldn't believe it. She's got a book coming out, too, that's supposed to be kinda "juicy". Somehow I have a hard time picturing her of all people, but you never know I guess.

• gwanny2three
    16 years ago

Wonder why people feel they need to spill the beans about themselves after so long. Or at all for that matter! Especially if it's going to hurt someone. Some things are best left alone if it's been so long. She has enough money so it can't be that she needs to sell her tell all book. I just don't get it. She seems so stuffy to me, I can't imagine her having some juicy parts of her life!

• vannie
    16 years ago

Who cares?

• mary_c_gw
    16 years ago

She's nearly 80, and has been married several times, but never for very long. I'd be shocked silly if she hadn't had some affairs along the way.

It was 30 years ago, so like Vannie says "Who cares?"

• oldrustybucket
    16 years ago

there's an old gospel song that comes to mind....
    "Precious Memories" "how they linger", "how they overflood my soul"

• bestlawn
    16 years ago

What I wonder is what she lied about. In a quick soundbite preview of Oprah's upcoming interview, she states she lied to protect Rosie O'Donnell. It was just enough words to make me want to tune in, so I don't know specifically what she was talking about. Wanna see it though. I'm wondering if it's that she lied about the things she said about Rosie to Donald Trump. So many people thought he was lying on Barbara.

• barb_from_pa
    16 years ago

I hope no one buys the book. (Or watches Oprah)

• Happy_Go_Lucky_Gayle
    16 years ago

I've always admired Barbara Walters. Everyone needs to find a little retirement money. LOL!

Gayle

• margad
    16 years ago

I am getting weary of both Oprah and Barbara. They really self promote themselves.

• cherchez
    16 years ago

Barbara WaWa needs to fade away.

• dotmom
    16 years ago

Guess I don't understand the hostility toward her. To my knowledge, she hasn't been in the "rags" She certainly paid her dues with the "good old boys" just to do her chosen vocation as a news/tv personality in the early years. Her current show, The View, has been on for 10-11 yrs, so she muct be doing something right, there. So she writes a book about her past, at least she has one. Not like some of the so-called starlettes who write their biography when they are still in their 20 or 30's. JMO Dottie

• ruthieg__tx
    16 years ago

I agree with you dotmon...and I will mention also that she raised a beautiful daughter mostly on her own and managed to give her a good life and kept her out of the papers. Her Daughter chose to keep her identity low key and Barbara has always respected that...

• Kathsgrdn
    16 years ago

I know no one is perfect, but I don't understand why someone would choose to have an affair with a married man.

• pineviewplanter
    16 years ago

She alone has the answer as to why she would air her dirty laundry and hurt other people. We all have to answer for our actions to our Creator, so I really don't care what she has done or with whom. She and Oprah can sit and muse all they wish to, but they will do it without me listening in.
    Oprah is a real piece of work. And I quit having even a shred of any kind of respect for her years ago. She never does anything without expecting a return in some form.

PVP

Sponsored
J.Holderby - Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Franklin County's Leading General Contractors - 2X Best of Houzz!