SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
polardreams

Saturday flower garden quilt finished! pics

14 years ago

This is a quilt I made through my LQS class. We paid $5.00 and for that every month (for 9 months) she gave us the pattern for 1 block and 1 fat quarter (at no additional charge). If you completed the block before the next class, you continued to get the pattern & 1 FQ every month. Needless to say, I bought almost all the other fabrics from her to complete the quilt. I had the squares finished 2years ago, finished the setting blocks & started putting it together last year. I finally got it quilted this spring. It took me until this week to add the binding & get it stitched down. It is 104"x104".

Because I took so long getting things finished (and it kept expanding with borders), when I finally put it together I felt it needed a dark border & of course, she didn't have the black print material anymore. I had a small piece and it had the mfg info & I was lucky enough to find someone online that had the 4 yards I needed! Lucky me! Now DH asked if I made pillow shams ... YIKES didn't think of that! I think I have enough to put something together - hopefully they won't take 3 years to complete! ANYWAY, I've named it "Saturday Flower Garden" after our "Saturday Sampler" class & the flower theme of the quilt.

{{!gwi}}

DS Tyler & hubby Tobey

{{!gwi}}

back quilting

polardream/Sue

Comments (19)

Sponsored
Innovative & Creative General Contractors Servicing Franklin County