SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kashmi_gw

Curtains (or blinds) for Trapezoid Windows?

kashmi
12 years ago

We are looking for shades/curtains/blinds for two north-east facing side-by-side trapezoid windows in our master bedroom. We'd like to block the morning light, but let light in the rest of the day.

Vertical parallel sides: long = 69"; short = 30"

Bottom = 45"; angled "side" = 60"

From Bathroom

I've checked a number of sites on the web and have found three options, none of which seems optimal.

1. Stationary shades or curtains to cover the top triangular section and then a operating shade for the lower rectangular portion. This is our least favorite option.

2. Specialty blinds (usually cellular ones such as Hunter Douglas) that will pull up completely, stacking along the angled side. Extremely pricy: $1,200 - $1,600 per window!!

3. An approach from a DIY site. Fabric cut to the window size. Fasten it top and bottom to the long vertical side. Insert a grommet at the "inflection point." Then use a long pole to move that grommet over to a hook on the wall when wishing to cover the window. When unhooked, the fabric is said to hang in a nice tight coil along the long edge. I'm willing to try this, but since we'd want black-out fabric (or lining), I'm not sure it would hang in that nice tight coil.

Are there other options out there?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments (10)