SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ksd51

Help with color scheme for living room.

ksd51
10 years ago

I need help with a complementary color scheme for my downstairs. I am presently focusing on my living room and would like to have a color scheme that would flow with the present colors of the family room and kitchen. Both rooms are neutral. The wall color (light champagne) and and the dark brownreddish hardwood floor are the same throughout downstairs. My living room is separated by the kitchen which is neutral (painted cream cabinets, granite counters of cream,browns and golds). The other side of the kitchen is the family room. (Hopefully the picture I have attached can give you an accurate idea of family room) My style is traditional, but with a light current feel. I know that there are many color combinations that I could go with, but hopefully I can get some suggestions, as I am easily overwhelmed. It woud be great if in addition to color suggestions you can show me some sample fabric combinations. I am looking to furnish the room with a couch, club chair and two wood frame chairs. I would prefer not to have a white couch though I see that idea in all the magazines and I do not want a bold color couch. I am looking for something timeless. Presently my living room has a blue tone couch. I am thinking of perhaps a celadon or seaform, but not too blue, however I am open to suggestions. My preference if for a couch that is easy on the eyes--that I will not tire of. The wood frame chairs could be a print, but again what color? Also, if possible please show me a sample fabric where the print is not too bold. I very much appreciate whatever help you can provide.

Comments (4)