SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
scraphappy_gw

'My Quilted Life' - pics

scraphappy
16 years ago

Some of you may remember my plan, I think it was last fall, to make an "I Spy" quilt for my interests, what I liked, etc. - an adult I Spy quilt. Some of you even sent me fabric, when you learned what I was looking for - thank you!! This was such fun planning, looking for just the "right" fabrics, stitching up, and now it's finished - "My Quilted Life". I machine-stitched it in a grid pattern. I composed a label for it using Wordpad, and an image of little girls stitching - just need to print that off on fabric and sew it on.

Here's a close-up.

The label reads: "In the midst of a rainbow of colors, each block tells the story of me, who I am, my passions and interests. I am first and foremost, I hope, a caring and sensitive woman, a wife and mother, a nurse, a quilter, a reader, a friend, a gardener. I am a spiritual person, believing that there must exist in this world, angels of one kind or another. The blocks reflect my love of sewing, gardening, my home, family and friends, reading, my pets, good food, coffee, books and shoes. Our trips through the Southwest, and our classic cars are also represented as they are part of who I am today. This is my story, told in a quilt."

So, there I am. (Sorry this is so long!)

Comments (35)