SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lynninnewmexico

Too Much Stuff Around My Sink! Before & After Pics

lynninnewmexico
16 years ago

I've mentioned this before here, my frustration with my former sink and all the "stuff" around it. I had a regular faucet w separate hot & cold knobs, air gap, InstaHot faucet (far right, below), R/O filtered water faucet and sprayer. This just goes to show you how ~ sometimes~ a lot of singularly great features, together can just add up to one big mess ;^P

I mentioned it again in the "Things I Wouldn't Recommend" thread and Mominthedubc asked me how I got around all that in our new kitchen. Well, here is the answer . . . I just did without! This is our old (main) sink. The InstaHot died a week after it's one year warranty expired. Our plumber told us to just keep getting new ones as they don't last out that long. We didn't and I cleaned around it's dead carcass for another 14 years. We live in the mountains and are on a community well, so we all have filtered water for drinking. That added another faucet to the mess. Anyhoo, this was one tough sink to clean around !!

{{!gwi}}">

. . . and I was determined to make the new one as simple as possible in the new kitchen. One simple faucet with pull-down sprayer and no bottom plate and a filtered water faucet. The (tiny) airgap went in at the last minute to appease our plumber. I didn't want it but, if nothing else, it does balance things a bit. I love the simplicity of this new sink . . . ahhhhh!

{{!gwi}}">

Comments (18)

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!