SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lilliepad_gw

Have to pat myself on the back

lilliepad
15 years ago

For almost a year now the hot water faucet in my bathroom has been running a tiny stream of water,then about a week ago stopped altogether.Along about the same time it started running slow I purchased new faucets and sinks for both bathrooms as the old ones were dingy (mobile home/plastic sinks).Realized after receiving them that the faucets were cheapo plastic stuff,again MH grade purchased from MH supply place.Anyway I bought 2 new faucets at Lowes and have been waiting for "someone" to put them in for me.Dh isn't able to get down under the cabinet easily so I thought possibly one of my boys might do it,no such luck.Everyone has other things to do and places to go.You know how that is.So yesterday I got fed up and decided I could do it myself! Got my little adjustable height rolling desk chair and my tools and went to work.Getting the faucet off and unhooking the water line was easy.Getting the little "thingys" underneath that hold the sink down was a little tricky but I felt (literally) my way through it with the help of a mirror.Got it all together and back in but couldn't get the "thingys" back in so called DGS to do that for me.Turned the water on and you guessed it,the drain was leaking! So other DGS happened to come into the house about that time and he came to my rescue.We changed out the drain pipe and taadaaa.....problem solved! All of this was done with me sitting in my chair in front of the sink! Now I just have to talk myself into getting the other one done.LOL A few years ago I would have had no problem doing something like this but with my back problems there are a lot of things I haven't been able to do,such as lift and bend. So,I am proud of myself.Guess it goes to show the old saying is true."You can do anything you put your mind to!"LOL

Comments (8)