SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
snowball_47

RECIPE: family reunion

17 years ago

Hi

We are having a family reunion the end of this month. We take several days and camp. This year we are going to Custer S.D. My mom was born in Rapid City. We are a reasonably big group lots of all ages...and we get a meal assignment...mine is Sat Breakfast...Becouse in the past I've made sour dough scones (fry bread not bisquits) they have come to expect scones (and they usually get them) But any ideas of something to go with them? Don't want to spend all morning cooking and we have lots to see and do while in the black hills. We will have camp stoves, dutch ovens and camp stoves and dutch ovens...

Sure hoping someone will have a bunch of good ideas. The easest would be fruit and the scones but we also don't usually have a planned lunch you get hungry you take care of it..we used to but by the time bk was over it was almost time for lunch and no one was hungry or were out and about. So we did away with lunch.

I heard of this breakfast that was put in the slow cooker but dutch ovens would work consisted of eggs, bread, sausage and seasonings milk cooked in the slow cooker for a total of 3 hours way to long for our needs. sounded good though

Thanks for any and all help

Snowball

Comments (2)

Sponsored
Custom Premiere Design-Build Contractor | Hilliard, OH