SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cheri2008

Balloon Ride....anyone ?

cheri2008
12 years ago

Myself and 2 girlfriends ususally do a little getaway in the summer ,usually an extended week-end, but sometimes longer.Last year we went to Las Vegas, had a really good time, enjoyed a few shows, shopping..etc..

This year I have in mind something diffrent, I have always wanted to ride in a hot air balloon, anyone here ever done this? Would love to hear your experence ?

Comments (7)

• mary_c_gw
    12 years ago

I have, and it's a lot of fun.

Beware though - it's not just some peaceful floating experience. The burners to keep the air hot are LOUD. It's incredibly noisy when they fire them!

You will be standing the whole time, and the basket is pretty cramped.

The best times to go up are usually very early morning.

• glenda_al
    12 years ago

I've done one in Africa.
    Little bumpy landing.

Went to see the sunrise and a champagne breakfast following the ride.

Go for it!

• Happyladi
    12 years ago

It's on my bucket list!

• suzieque
    12 years ago

If you've always wanted to do it, then I say do it! I, personally, haven't had that on my list, but I understand the desire. So - don't base your decision on other people's experiences. If there's something you've always wanted to do and you have a chance to do it - then do! And have fun!

• jel48
    12 years ago

My son took his wife for her birthday three or four years ago. They loved it.

• trixietx
    12 years ago

I've done it and it was fun, but not one of my favorites! But if you want to do it, it might be one of yours!

Go for it!

• arcy_gw
    12 years ago

Yep did it years ago. Don't get your hopes up, it took us three tries to get on one. The weather has to be JUST right for them to fly. We enjoyed the quiet ride, we were not crowded at all. Floating along was amazing. Well worth all the effort.