SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
kfhl

Which layout works the best?

kfhl
12 years ago

I have to choose a layout in the next day or so and I just can't seem to decide. I have read and read and found quite a bit of help here - thanks! So now it is really a matter of appliance placement.

At first, we decided to place the refrigerator at the end of the range wall with the microwave drawer on that end of the island so that they would be close to the nook, but I have been rethinking this.

I really think that any trip the kids(12,10 & 3) make into the kitchen will include the pantry so in the 2nd option I moved the fridge to the pantry wall (this also makes it easier to recess). We have added a bar sink next the fridge and would have the microwave drawer on that end of the island.

This sketch is really rough and I don't have the island lined up correctly. Both options will include the bar sink and 2 dishwashers. I may have to switch the trash pullout to the end of the island and move to dw over for support reasons - this would center the sink across from the rangetop, but I think that will okay with the addition of a 2nd sink.

I have included a pic of the kitchen area floor plan so that you can get an idea of the overall flow. There is a mudroom/powder room/laundry on the other side of the pantry/lockers and a gameroom behind the range wall.

Which do you think will work the best?

Thanks for your help!

Option 1

Option 2

Kitchen Area

Comments (5)