SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mst___

LOOKING for: fish recipes

mst___
18 years ago

I'm having a dinner party with 12 to 14 guest and the birthday girl requested seafood. I'm looking for a recipe that I can make ahead and maybe with just a little last minute preparation pop in the oven when ready to eat. Crab, Sole, salmon? Does anyone have some good recipes that they will share? I'm not a gourmet cook but am fairly experienced in the kitchen. Thanks in advance.
Teri
P.S. Here is one recipe that I'm thinking about but it doesn't say when to add the cheese. Maybe at the last 10 minutes of baking time?

Stuffed Sole
1/4 c onion
1/4 c butter
1/2 pound crab meat
1/2 cup coarse saltine cracker crumbs
1 tbsp. parsley
1/2 tsp. salt
2 lbs. sole
3 tbsp. butter
3 tbsp. flour
1/4 tsp. salt
1 1/2 c milk
1/3 c dry white wine
4 oz shredded swiss cheese
In skillet, cook onion in 1/4 c butter until tender but not brown.
Stir in crab meat, cracker crumbs, parsley, 1/2 tsp salt.
Spread the mixture over the sole fillets. Roll fillets and place seam side down in a 12x7x2 in. baking dish.
In sauce pan, melt 3 tbsp. butter. Blend in flour and 1/4 tsp. salt. Add milk and wine to sauce pan. Cook and stir until the mixture thickens and bubbles. Pour over fillets. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes. Sprinkle fish with paprika and bake 10 minutes longer until fish flakes with a fork.

I thought I'd prepare the fish ahead and make the sauce just before I want to put it in the oven.

Comments (8)