SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
cherryfizz

Incredible Pain

Cherryfizz
13 years ago

Oh boy I am in pain, and have been since yesterday. I am experiencing a flare up of gout in my ankle and halfway down on the baby toe side of my right foot.

When I tried to stand up from bed I couldn't. I couldn't put weight on my foot. After a few tries and in excrutiating pain I managed to stand up and lean on my dresser. I still could not take a step and didn't know what I was going to do. It took me 1/2 hour to hobble from my bedroom to the bathroom and during that time I got a cramp in the calf of my other leg because I wasn't able to take a proper step. Oh boy.

Loki wanted out so I took him to the back door and don't know how I got down the steps to let him out. Stupid me instead of waiting at the door to bring him in I went up the 2 steps into the kitchen. When Loki wanted in do you think I could get back down those 2 steps. No way. I stood there and every time I tried to go down the steps I couldn't put weight on my foot. I almost called my neighbour to come over to let Loki in but I didn't. I don't know how I finally managed to get down those 2 steps but I did.

I managed to fill a water bottle, grab a couple of left over pancakes and some fruit, a Motrin and here I still sit not able to move.

I have been so good not eating the veggies I love like mushrooms, spinach and asparagus. I haven't eaten any meat or fish this week either. I know I have chronic high levels of uric acid in my body but since taking my medication for it I thought it was helping because the places on my thigh where the acid was seeping out have all healed up and disappeared. I am on a high dosage of the medication too.

I have permanent joint damage in my knees from years of being undiagnosed. I was actually bragging to my friends that I had an unprecidented week free of pain. I was able to do so much, get yard work done, take the dog for an extra long walk. I felt wonderful. On top of all this I get my period. My doctor told me I hadn't gone through menopause yet after my blood tests. Drat. I am 53 years old darn it! I never know when it is going to show up.

So here I sit with my leg propped up on the ottoman. Who wants to go to the washroom for me?? LOL

Anne

Comments (21)