SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dawn_t

Would you keep this (mistake) refrigerator?

dawn_t
15 years ago

Curious as to what you would do in this situation...

I ordered a 36" SS FD fridge (no water/ice dispenser) from Sears last month and DH picked it up yesterday while I was at work. Invoice, color and dimensions confirmed it was the right fridge.

+++ blood, sweat, tears and hours later we finally had it inside the house and ready to push into place. I pulled one of the last pieces of packaging off the fridge (sheet of paper on the front of one of the doors) and stared in amazement at a digital display with a water/ice dispenser that had been totally hidden behind it. DH started freaking and I would have cried except several of his friends were standing around watching the show...

Called Sears and the customer sevice rep said "you actually WANT to return it"? Why? Apparently this fridge retails for almost $1400.00 more than I paid for and has a better warranty. Because it's their mistake, it's mine to keep for the original price paid, if I want it...

Now you're probably all thinking I'm crazy for not jumping at this deal but the the problem is, we've never been interested in having a water/ice dispenser through the door - figured it would take up too much real estate inside the fridge (and it does). We'd likely never even hook it up, but still have to stare at the icemaker all the time. However it's a darn handsome fridge and it looks pretty good sitting in my kitchen right now...

So - would you keep a good deal despite having features you really don't want?

Thanks for reading this far :)

Dawn

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars39 Reviews
Ohio's Kitchen Design Showroom |11x Best of Houzz 2014 - 2022