SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
fairytalebaby

Pictures of our granite slab (and a long, boring story)

fairytalebaby
16 years ago

We're building long-distance...so we drove out of state for our Spring Break and went to check on the house progress. I knew that this trip would be for choosing a granite, appliances, and plumbing fixtures. I've poured over your granite tops for months, keeping a list of stone to check out once we finally made it to the granite yards. We forgot the list. The list of granite AND appliances to check out in person.

Oh well, I told myself that I KNEW what I was looking for. I had decided that the colors in the slab were more important than the movement. I'd even reasoned that I would be PERFECTLY happy with a more uniformed granite as long as it had the the colors I wanted. Well, I found a uniformed granite with exactly the colors I wanted and there's just this tiny twinge of wistfulness...I keep going back to some strong, flowing granite pics. But we went to four different places, and I couldn't find a beautiful slab with movement in our colors.

Anyway, I still think it's beautiful. Here's some pictures from our adventures of granite shopping with a 5yr old and a 6 month old (who was getting her first two teeth during the trip).

Here's a picture of the new house upon arrival

(cinder block steps aren't permanent)

Here's a sample cabinet door next to a chip of our granite

Our slabs

They called it Gallo Bahia but I'm sure it goes by another name because I couldn't find any examples of it on the internet.

For those interested in what it's like spending an entire 7 hours granite shopping with two kids...here are some funny pictures.

After the 2nd granite yard, the 5yr old wanted to take pictures while we were driving. Here are the pictures we found on the camera (lol).

Comments (12)