SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
bd50mom_gw

Need help to design a kitchen! Im a newbie!

bd50mom
12 years ago

Hi! I'm a newbie to all of this! I need help!

We are redoing our kitchen, dinette area and it adjoins to the living room.

I don't really know where to start but here it goes!

Our living room and kitchen are going to be all one room with a little jog into another L shaped area!

We took out a wall and put a support beam in which is 9 1/2 in depth and 4 1/2 wide. WE CAN NOT move the walls between sun room and kitchen and living room as this is the old outside of the house.

I would like to have some kind of bar/island area hopefully with seating for 4 and I will also need a table, but I dont have to have a big table as long as I can have an extension if I have a large amount of people.

We can put plumbing an where. I need a DW, Stove/oven, Fridge, microwave.

I was thinking about having underwindow seatin under large window in the kitchen area but it doesnt necessarily have to have a table by it. We can not move the windows and the windows on the end of house are lower than countertop height. My area is not large. It is about 11' 10" by 12'10 with and another extension about 9'5" x 10'.

Thanks and I am sure I probably didnt add everything I needed to . Thanks and excited to start this project. We are down to the studs so everything is quite crazy especially with one little 8 month old granddaughter that can find anything she shouldn't get into haha!

Thanks in advance for your help! I really need it.

I am trying to add some graph paper with dimensions. Hope it works.

Comment (1)

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor