SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
teresa_nc7

Great class with the 'Queen'

15 years ago

I told Bonnie Hunter of Quiltville.com that IMO she is the "queen" of scrap quilts! This lady has 101 scrap quilt tricks up her sleeve. We had a great day-long class today with her. I took my Cross-X quilt top to show her how I made up one of her patterns.

We first learned to make blocks with "crumbs" then progressed to pinwheels in our crumby blocks, then onto Maverick Stars, crumby hearts, and finally letters of the alphabet done scrappy style. She showed us how to get extra blocks by making leaders and enders when sewing scrap blocks - that's two blocks for the price of one, sorta. And she explained her system for sorting strips, squares and rectangles for use in scrap quilts.

All this info is on her web site, listed below. I gave her OUR heartfelt thanks for all the free patterns and info on her web site. She has a book in the works called "Scraps and Shirttails" - can we talk thrift store finds?

Her program for our guild was very good last night with a trunk show of many of her scrap quilts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Bonnie Hunter's amazing Quiltville.com

Comments (7)