SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
marys1000

People/houses not on market but may be willing to sell - called?

marys1000
16 years ago

In talking to realtors over the years the idea sometimes comes up both of people with homes they may be willing to sell if someone comes along but its not on the market, and buyers who may be willing to buy if the right thing comes along.

Is there a name for this "market"? I thought one realtor recently called it the pocket market but that seems to be Palm MLS software according to a Google search.

Is there a database for this? Do realtors have some searchable place to put potential clients dream features or prices? When questioning my last and current realtor I do remember talking to her about this when trying to buy and she said there was some sort of way to get the word out if you were looking for something specific - of course I asked her to do so since we couldn't find anything (though I don't think I should have had to think of it and ask) but it didn't result in anything if she followed through, it was never mentioned again.

Well now I'm also a buyer (maybe) and a realtor said something about knowing of people out there who maybe would sell but their houses weren't on the market and putting me into some sort of other database with search. I"m not sure if he was talking about a different regional MLS or?

Comments (6)