SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
shellipgw

update on pool tear out due to elevation error

shellip
12 years ago

We finally have an ALMOST completed pool in our yard. MANY THANKS to all of you who have been most helpful and encouraging during this process, which has been ongoing since March. Boy have we learned A LOT!

PLASTER WENT IN ON NOV. 15, 2011

WEIR WALL IS A LITTLE OUT OF LEVEL, HOPEFULLY CAN REMEDY THIS WITH EITHER MORE OR LESS GROUT.

VIEW FROM THE HOUSE

We think the plaster guys may have covered one of the drains in the gutter pool, as my photos of the plumbing show 4 drains, but I now only have 3. Don't know if this is a problem or not.

PB has connected pump and filter and we are still waiting for him to connect the skimmer, and the auto filler and cap the line for the cleaner. The pool is plumbed for a cleaner, but I think we are going to go with one of the electric cleaners due to the large amount of leaves and acorns we have falling. Don't think a polaris could stay upright with the weight. Looking at the Dolphin because of the size of the bag and its ability to clean up to the tile line.

PB has still not done the initial chemical start up, and I finally took water sample to another PB to evaluate.

PH 7.3

Total alkalinity 90

calcium hardness 75

cyanuric acid 20

free chlorine 0

total chlorine 0

salt 0

From the sample they recommend fresh water start up with the following over 3 days:

Magic Purple Stuff

Stabilizer

Dychlor II shock

Salt

My PB said don't do this, put in a few chlorine tabs and call him on Monday!!! So we will wait again until Monday and see if he finally comes around to finish the start up and equipment hook up.Will keep you posted.Thank you all again and again.

s

Comments (9)