SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
dilly_ny_gw

Countertop for Refined Rustic kitchen

dilly_ny
12 years ago

I was hoping some of you who have a knack for putting things together could help me with countertop options. We are finishing up our kitchen extension and our cabinets will be installed later this month... so exciting! Next, I need to pick a countertop. We are designing a refined rustic kitchen. Here are the elements already selected for the room:

The floor will be a dark brown wood look tile such as Florida Tile Berkshire which in reality is darker than images shown on their website. The tile will be the tone of the ceiling beams. Hoping to stain all the trim in the room.

The cabinetry hardware will be black.

I would love to do soapstone countertops and I am partial to the dark charcoal colored stone; however, I am not sure how the blacks and browns will look in the room. I was also thinking of Cambria Buckingham, but I have never seen a large slab, so I wonder how much movement the stone has in actuality.

Also, DH is endeavoring to do an Old World textured finish on the walls, such as this:

The room gets a nice amount of light and is a large open area, 18x23, that includes a working kitchen area with island, dining nook, love seat and fireplace.

Thanks for your help. Any feedback on countertops and backsplash appreciated.

Comments (22)