SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
valzone5

Leather club chair and cottage decor.....could that happen?

valzone5
16 years ago

My style is something like cottage, but not overly flowery, something like shabby chic, but not overly flowery or overly pale, something like a cabin, but not woodsy. Think relaxed, casual, painted furniture, chipped paint, an old wooden box for a coffee table, old furniture (not pricey antiques), baskets. I recently saw the movie The Holiday, and I love the cottage in that.

So with that in mind, I am in the market for a new chair, and I am going back and forth between two. Right now I have an off-white couch in a chenile-like fabric. I also have a chair that I plan to slipcover in a neutral color. So I will have two off-white pieces.

One chair that I am considering is a brown leather club chair. I am not sure that it would fit with my style.

The other chair that I am considering is a chair that is made to look like it's slip covered in an off-white canvas-type fabric. Although this chair is right up my alley, I worry about having two slip covered chairs, not the same fabric or slipcover. Also, I will be making the slipcover for the chair that I have, so I worry that the professional one will highlight my awful slipcover job ;O)

So what do you think would look better:

Off-white chenille couch, slipcovered off-white chair, brown leather club chair

or

Off-white chenille couch, slipcovered off-white chair, slipcovered off-white chair not the same as the other chair

?

Thanks!

Comments (28)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Franklin County's Premier Interior Designer | 2x Best of Houzz Winner!