SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
woodberg

In-Floor Cleaning System and Intelliflo

woodberg
15 years ago

I'm putting in a new pool and I'm considering an Intelliflo pump (either the VS or VF). I'm also considering installing the Polaris Caretaker in-floor cleaning system. My question is whether these two compenents would well together.

What I'm worried about is that I would lose the efficiency of running the Intelliflo at low speeds while the cleaning was going on.

From what I understand when you install an in-floor cleaning system, you do not have any other pool returns. All of the water returning to the pool is coming through the in-floor cleaning system. If that is the case, then wouldn't you have to run the in-floor system at all times while the pump is running? If I was running the Intelliflo at 30-40 GPM, would the in-floor system just not work? I'm assuming water would still have to be coming out of the jets because it has to go somewhere, but I just didn't undertand how they work together.

What I would like to do is just run the cleaning system 3-4 hours per day and then just return to a lower flow for the remainder of the time.

Comments (9)