SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
julia42

Deciding between Absolute Black and Virginia Mist granite

julia42
10 years ago

I'm hoping some of you may have some words of wisdom for me. I'm trying to decide on the granite for my new kitchen and I keep second guessing myself. I'm putting in white shaker style custom cabinets and stainless appliances.

I really, really like honed Virginia Mist granite, and my fabricator has located some for me. It's beautiful, and has such a warm feel to me. But our house is a 90s era suburban builder home and I worry that the Virginia Mist will look out of place. It almost seems like it has an antique, or maybe even rustic, feel to it, which I love, but does not describe my home at all. Also, I tend to like having brightly colored decor (all my dishes are Fiesta, for example), which I worry won't suit it either. Maybe if I paired it with more modern cabinet hardware and kitchen faucet it might ease the antique look?

Absolute Black in a gloss seems like it would work better in the house, but I don't like it as well. I mean, I like it fine, but it doesn't "speak to my soul" in the same way as the Mist, if you know what I mean. Also, I worry that I might find it too stark.

I'm probably way overthinking this. Those of you that have Virginia Mist, do you think it makes your kitchen look antique-y or rustic?

Comments (10)