SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sayde_gw

De-installing/reinstalling Shaw's sink --how???????

sayde
13 years ago

First, thank you all for your responses to my earlier post about the disastrous marble install. Here is an update, and a plea for more guidance-- Casey ---- are you there????

I contacted Rohl. I explained verbally and in writing that the crack was caused by the installer. But Rohl's said, to my complete surprise, that they would replace it. (It was purchased last May so is just inside the one year window . . .)

I would have to order the new sink. Then, when the currently installed sink is taken out I need to send them a photo and they reimburse-- at least that's how I think it works.

But now we are faced with the challenge of how to get it out and the new one in. The marble is already installed. The cabinet below was crafted by my DH out of gumwood to fit the curve of the current sink. The new one will be different.

So, we start by de-installing all the plumbing and GD. Then what?

I would appreciate any and all guidance . . . .including -- should we even try to do this? The crack is a single hairline crack. It is not raised or palpable. There are no leaks. Now. What scares me is what could happen down the road. I could live with the fine line -- it is almost not noticeable with the grid in the sink. But the thought of future cracks or leaks . . . .????? Rohl saw the image that I sent of the crack and they offered a new sink . . . .

Whether or not I can get the marble fabricator to pay for this is a whole separate discussion. I will pursue it, of course, once I feel more certain of what should be done.

Would greatly appreciate guidance . . .

Comments (4)